The Amorós Awards of the Fundación de Investigación en Ciencias de la Actividad Física y del Deporte 2024 are summoned, in its VII edition, to the best sports research articles published in European scientific journals.
 Hereinafter when quoting this term we will refer to the set of territories of Europe that share common historical-cultural identity. These countries in alphabetical order are, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Ukraine and Vatican City.
The purpose of the awards is to highlight, stimulate and recognize the effort made by researchers who have published articles related to the sport phenomenon in European scientific journals. The aim is to improve the quality of their study and help achieve a better presence, image and reputation in this scientific area.
1st Prize € 3,000 + Trophy + Accreditation Certificate. 2nd Prize € 1,500 + Accreditation Certificate. 3rd Prize € 1,000 € + Accreditation Certificate.
For the Scientific Committee to establish rigorous and objective valuations, the authors must specify in the application form which modality of the following their article belongs to:
a- Health: Articles related to physical activity and health, sports medicine, physiotherapy, nursing, nutrition and physical activity for special populations.
b- Sports Performance: Articles related to sports performance, sports evaluation, sports training, physiology, biomechanics, functional anatomy, ergogenic aids, doping and illegal pharmacological substances.
c- Leisure and Recreation: Articles related to nature activities, adventure sports, leisure sports, socio-cultural animation, active and sports tourism, new sports hall trends, games and traditional sports.
d- Social Sciences: Articles related to the history of sport, sports anthropology, sociology of sports, sports psychology, sports philology, Olympism, media and sports.
e- Sport Management: Articles related to the sport management, sports law, sports legislation, sports regulations, sports organization, sports events, protocol, sports advertising, sports sponsorship, sports subsidies and sports equipment.
f- Physical Education: Articles related to the didactic of physical education and sporty, school sports, extracurricular activities, psychomotor, basic physical education and body expression.
General rules and bases of the call
- The endowment of the awards will be indivisible, will be made by bank transfer and will be subjects to bank charges and submitted to taxation according to current legislation Spanish. In the case of a work with several authors, the first author will be the beneficiary of the endowment economic of prize.
- The prizes are awarded to the best sports research articles published in European scientific journals in the years 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023. Articles those accepted but not published are excluded.
- Articles must be written in English.
- They can opt to the prizes all the authors who have published, in European scientific journals, their articles related to the Sciences Physical Activity and Sports during the years 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and make a deposit or bank transfer of € 200 in form of donation to the Foundation, in concept of inscription.
- Applications to opt for prizes must submit the following documentation:
- A pdf copy of the articles published of printed form. In case of articles in digital publications, the article and web address in which it has been published must be presented.
- Letter of authorization of the holder of the rights of the intellectual property of the articles.
- Application form completed and signed.
- Copy of the Identity Document or Passport.
- Receipt of the deposit or bank transfer of the payment of the inscription. Indicating in concept: donation prizes and name and surname.
- If the autor does not present the income tax return in Spain, it is admitted that another person donates, in order to benefit from the deduction in the income tax return in Spain. You must provide us with your personal data to send you the corresponding donation certificate. Likewise, it will indicate in the concept of the payment of the inscription: donation prizes and name and surname of the author.
- The documentation must be sent through the inscription form enabled on this web page before February 29, 2024.
- The inscription process will end when the Foundation sends a confirmation email.
- Aspirants will not be reimbursed for any costs incurred in submitting their application.
- The Foundation is not responsible for lost, misdirected or delivered late the requests.
- The inscription of each aspirant releases and exempts the Foundation from the responsibilities, complaints, litigation and demands that arise from or in relationship with the Amorós Awards. The aspirant will indemnify the Foundation for all complaints and demands that may arise from third parties in relation to the applicant’s participation in the Amorós Awards, for having a conflict of interest or for the breach of these rules and bases.
- The Scientific Committee of the Foundation will evaluate the articles that aspire to the prizes.
- The Scientific Committee will perform the assessment of the aspiring articles according to evaluation criteria developed by the Foundation as they appear in Annex I.
- The members of the Foundation can not present articles to these awards.
- The members of the Scientific Committee of the Foundation that present their inscription to these awards will not make valuations in this category.
- The members of the Scientific Committee of the Foundation that appear as co-authors in an aspiring article will not make valuations in this category.
- The decision of the Scientific Committee will be unappealable.
- The aspirant article may be withdrawn within the period of submission of articles and only 50% of the donation will be refunded, minus the bank commissions. After the deadline for submitting the articles, no cancellation will be returned.
- If there is not enough quorum to cover the prizes, if the articles do not meet the conditions required in the call or do not conform to the object of the same, the prizes will be declared deserts and 100% of the donation will be returned minus the bank commissions.
- The prizes will be delivered together with a certificate accrediting, in an act whose date and place will be previously announced. The winners will collect the prize personally or through a person delegated expressly by the author.
- The Foundation will not cover the expenses of the winners, caused by the collection of the prizes.
- The awarding of prizes will only be communicated to the winners and will be published on the Foundation’s web page, specifying the name and image of the authors, the titles of the articles and magazines where they were published.
- A certificate will be issued to the co-authors of the prizewinning article that request it and make a donation of € 200 to the Foundation, in concept of inscription.
- The winners authorize the Foundation to obtain images, as well as to record totally or partially during the celebration of the awards ceremony, giving their consent so that their name and image can be used in the promotion and dissemination of the Amorós Awards, all possible ways, giving all rights related to the use and dissemination that the Foundation considers appropriate to execute, without the right of the recipient to receive any economic compensation, provided that its use is exclusively related to the Amorós Awards.
- The signature of the application form implies the acceptance of all the bases described in this call.
Criteria for the evaluation of articles related to the Sciences of Physical Activity and Sports published in the European scientific journals
Title (clearly reflects the content) 0-5
Abstract (synthesis capacity, reflects all sections of the article and provides sufficient information) 0-5
Introduction, justification and approach of the objectives 0-5
Methodology (adaptation to the objectives) 0-10
Results (they are solid and do not provide opinions) 0-10
Discussion (is consistent with the results and adapts to the objectives) 0-10
Conclusions (they adapt to the objectives and are consistent with the results) 0-5
References/Bibliography (adequate, reliable, sufficient, updated) 0-5
Implementation in society 0-5
The final score will be obtained by calculating the average of the scores awarded by the different members of the Scientific Committee with the right to evaluation.
© Copyright 2017 – Fundación de Investigación en Ciencias de la Actividad Física y del Deporte – Todos los derechos reservados